Job Applicant Privacy and Cookie Notice - Europe
HanesBrands Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries and associates (“HanesBrands”, “we”, “our”, “us”) respects the privacy and security of your information. This Notice describes how we and any service providers (e.g., a company providing services on behalf of HanesBrands such as website maintenance, recruitment, communication services etc.) collect, use, share, and store your personal data (defined as any information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you, such as your name or employment history) during the recruitment and selection process. This Notice provides you with information about:
- The collection of your personal data
- The sharing of your personal data
- Sharing and transferring your personal data
- Security and retention of your personal data
- International data transfers
- Cookies and similar online technologies
- Your rights
In the event of a conflict between this Notice and the requirements of local law, the requirements under local law will prevail. By submitting an application, you confirm that you have read this Notice, and you:
- Consent to the processing of your information for the purposes stated in this Notice and agree that additional information may be collected during assessments and interviews, or from third parties to the extent permitted by local law; and Confirm that you have obtained permission to provide information concerning others (e.g., employment references); and
- Confirm that the information provided is accurate, and understand that the deliberate submission of misleading information may lead to the rejection of your application; and
- Understand that the information you provide may be transferred to other
HanesBrands locations, and to our Service Providers situated in other countries, for the purpose of processing your application.
The collection of your personal data
We will collect information from you when you visit or use our recruitment sites, complete an application, or reply to any communications from us. When applying for a position with HanesBrands, we will collect information such as:
- Contact details: Name, email address, address, telephone number
- Background information: Curriculum Vitae, resume, cover letter, work experience and education, and other information you provide in connection with your application
- Eligibility to work in the country where the job you have applied for is located
- Information relating to employment references
We will not request any sensitive personal data (defined as information relating to an individual’s sexual life, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, marital status, nationality or national origins, political opinions, trade union membership, criminal convictions or proceedings, and information relating to physical or mental health condition including disability status) from you, except where such information is relevant for a position and as permitted by local law. If you provide us with any sensitive personal data, you consent to the processing of this information in accordance with this Notice.
The use of your personal data
Any personal data you provide will be used for purposes relating to the processing of your application and in accordance with local law. Your personal data will be used to:
- Consider your application for the position you have applied for
- Conduct background checks where permitted by local law
- Comply with HanesBrands’ legal and regulatory requirements
- Review and evaluate HanesBrands’ recruitment process and outcomes
If your application is not successful, we may use the information you provided to consider you for other positions. If you do not want to be considered for other positions or would like your personal data removed, you can contact us using the information provided below.
To the extent permitted by local law, we may perform background checks on candidates under consideration for a position. In addition, other sensitive personal data such as your nationality, citizenship or health-related information, may be processed when relevant for a position and as permitted by local law. If any sensitive personal data about you may be collected from third parties, we will provide you with notice and request your consent as required by local law.
Sharing and transferring your personal data
Your personal data may be transferred to other HanesBrands locations and to our Service
Providers situated within and outside the borders of the European Union including the United States of America, for the purpose of processing your application. Where such transfers occur, HanesBrands maintains and enforces privacy policies and standards consistent with those detailed in this Notice, and any cross-border transfers of personal data are conducted in accordance with applicable local law.
In addition, we may be required to disclose personal data for the following reasons:
- The disclosure of your personal data is required by local law; or
- To protect HanesBrands’ legal rights to the extent permitted by local law; or
- In an emergency situation where the health and safety of the applicant or another individual may be at risk.
Security and retention of your personal data
HanesBrands has implemented technical and organizational measure to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its IT systems and your data. These measures include restricting access to IT systems to only those individuals who require access for a legitimate business purpose.
Personal data collected during the application process will be kept for not longer than three years, unless a different retention period is required by local law. If you accept a position with HanesBrands, your personal data may be used in connection with your employment, consistent with HanesBrands’ policies.
Cookies and similar online technologies
- The device you use to browse our sites (e.g., operating system or browser version)
- Your IP address and information related to that IP address (e.g., your internet provider and general geographic information)
- Browsing history on our site (e.g., the pages you view)
As permitted by local law, you may request access to your personal data, or that your personal data are updated, changed, or deleted, by sending a request in writing to:
- HR Department.
- Sheridan UK Limited
- Unit 3D, Warrington South Distribution Park
- Warrington, WA4 4SN, United Kingdom
If your request to access, change or delete your personal data is denied, we will communicate the reason for the denial with you.
Updating this Notice
HanesBrands reserves the right to update this Notice at any time. If you submit additional personal data or request to be considered to a position with HanesBrands following the effective date of an updated Notice, your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Notice in effect at that time.
Last Updated: May 2018